James E. Brydges, Jr.
Senior Litigation Partner -
Jim Brydges is Senior Litigation Partner in the firm and his litigation practice includes all areas of insurance defense with emphasis on motor vehicle accidents, transportation, construction, products liability and employment. Mr. Brydges represents clients in all state and federal courts and has actively been involved in mediation and arbitration as well. His clients include insurance companies, professionals of all types, including attorneys, architect and engineers, as well as trucking companies and commercial ventures.
Mr. Brydges is a past president of the Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys, a past president of the Virginia Beach Bar Association, a fellow of the Virginia Law Foundation, and a member of the Boyd Graves Conference on Civil Litigation. He has lectured at the request of various bar organizations in many areas of continuing legal education. He is listed in both Virginia Super Lawyers and Best Lawyers in America, and rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Brydges practices in our Virginia Beach and Norfolk offices.
• Duke University, B.A., 1964
• University of Virginia, LL.B., 1967. Phi Alpha Delta
• Substitute Judge General District Court, Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court (City of Virginia Beach), 1976–1992
• Virginia Bar, 1967
• U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia, 1968
• U.S. Supreme Court, 1971
• U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 1982
• Virginia State Bar
• Norfolk & Portsmouth Bar Association
• Virginia Beach Bar Association (Treasurer, 1982; Secretary, 1983; President-Elect, 1984; President, 1985)
• Virginia Bar Association
• Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
• Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys (Secretary, 1995–1996; Treasurer, 1996–1997; President-elect, 1997–1998; President, 1998–1999)
• Fellow,Virginia Law Foundation
• Boyd Graves Conference on Civil Litigation
T. 757 625-7300
F. 757 625-1504